Last Updated on July 14, 2020 Version 07142020
The Properties may contain links to other websites or online services that are operated and maintained by third parties and that are not under the control of or maintained by us. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites or services. These links to third party websites or online services does not imply endorsement by us of such website or online services or of any association with such websites’ or online services operators.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT/HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect personal information and contact information through your use of the Properties, such as but not limited to when you register for our Properties, subscribe to receive our communications, update your account information, enter contests or sweepstakes, respond to surveys, rate or review products, make purchases, contact us with questions or comments, connect with us through social networks, submit user generated content or participate in our promotions and social media platforms. In addition, if you elect to connect your social media account to your website account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
This personal information can include data attributes like your full name, username, password, email address, telephone number, physical or billing mail addresses, work/company information, date of birth and other information you may provide to us, as well as credit card numbers or, in some limited cases, national ID numbers, like your social security number, for tax reporting purposes related to some high-value promotional prize awards. It may also include other personally identifiable information we have collected from you, such as your attitudes and opinions about and usage of our products, demographics, interests, household, health or lifestyle information, satisfaction with our website and newsletters, your purchasing behavior or history and your browsing, downloading and other internet activity. If you have contacted us on behalf of a business or other entity, we may also collect your work contact information and details about your business or entity that you provide.
We may also collect information that is publicly available or provided by third parties and collect information that you provide us about others. For example, we may collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites. We may also purchase or obtain e-mail lists, customer leads and other data sources from third parties for our advertising and marketing purposes.
In some instances, we may combine your personal information with other information about you, such as combining your name with your geographic location or your browsing or purchasing history. We also may combine personal information with information we receive about you from outside sources. For example, we may obtain commercially available demographic or profile information about you from third parties, receive device information from mobile applications or advertisements or match your profile with information about you provided by retailers or data brokers.
If you disclose any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with our Properties, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You agree to indemnify us for any claims resulting from your breach of this foregoing representation and warranty.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
Our store is hosted on a third party provider’s server and platform. These third party providers provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and/or services to you. Your data is stored through these third party provider's data storage, databases and their general application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then our third party provider stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. Per our third party provider, after that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
When you return a product to us or request a refund or exchange, we may collect information from you and ask you to provide your government issued ID. We use the information we collect from you and capture off of your government issued ID to help prevent fraud.
We may collect information not limited to about products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop. We might also collect information like your age or gender.
If you use our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. We may use this location data to find our nearest store to you, product availability at warehouse near you and driving directions to our warehouse. Some of our Properties may allow you to submit information about your general location, such as your zip code or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other services. Some of our Properties also may capture and record certain precise geo-location or global positioning data from your device in order to provide location-related functionality. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Properties. If we combine any location information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Device information we collect through our Properties and third party providers
Server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit one of our Properties, along with the time of the visit, the page(s) that were visited and other information related to your visit. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our Properties. For example, if you accessed one of our Properties using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phone’s unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
Cookies and similar technologies: A “Cookie” is a small text file containing a random and unique alphanumeric identifier that our Properties may transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser that enables our systems to recognize your browser. We may employ technologies like Cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixel or Internet tag technologies to uniquely identify your account, or the IP address associated with your Internet device. We also permit third parties and our service providers to gather information on our websites, including for advertising purposes, through these technologies, as described below. Cookies and the other technologies mentioned above provide information related to the ways consumers interact with our advertising or our Properties, like browser type, browsing behaviors, user web requests, pages and content viewed, the number of new visits or log-ins, search engine referral, affiliate referrals, traffic driven by banner ads or other promotions, which items are placed in shopping carts and which are abandoned, conversions and what purchases were made and zip codes. These technologies can contain or store personal and other information (such as if you have previously registered on our Properties or consented to the retention of certain personal information) and allow web browser servers to recognize return visits to our Properties and improve web browsing navigation or the quality and delivery of certain features or customized content through our Properties. Some Cookies (known as “persistent cookies”) will remain on your computer or Internet device until you delete them, while others (known as “session cookies”) are automatically erased when you exit your Internet browser. You can set your computer or Internet device to accept or reject most Cookies, or to notify you in most situations that a Cookie is offered so that you can decide whether to accept it. However, if you block Cookies, certain features on our Properties may not function. Additionally, even if you block or delete Cookies, not all tracking will necessarily stop.
Flash LSOs: We and our third-party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in certain situations, including to recognize you and remember your preferences or other details about your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you generally cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs from your browser.
Third-party applications, services, and APIs: We also offer and deliver services, content or interactive features, or product review features through and/or using third party application programming interfaces (API), gadgets, programs, extensions that are hosted on our Properties or through other third party websites, or social networking platforms. When you access or use our Properties, you are authorizing those third parties or our third party providers to receive your information and additionally to potentially share any or all of your information with us or other parties, based on your privacy or other settings on the particular third party network or platform. When you use third-party sites or services, you are using their services and not our services and they, not we, are responsible for their practices. You should review the applicable third-party privacy policies before using such third-party tools on our Site. If you have any questions regarding our third party providers, please feel free to contact us.
By using our Properties, you acknowledge, understand, and consent that we use third party provider’s services/products to provide us and you Services through the use of our Properties. We use third party providers to provide services including but not limited to: website hosting, website platform, order processing, shopping cart, marketing, enhance user experience, advertising, cookies, product reviews and Q&A, email management, improving services, and etc. We do not endorse and are not responsible for third party’s privacy statements and their terms and conditions.
As part of Bazaarvoice, Inc.’s commitment to responsible data collection, they require that we post a conspicuous link to an appropriate opt-out mechanism such as http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ or one specific to your country. To find out more about opt-out mechanisms visit:
By opting out of collection of data from one browser, device, or app will not necessarily opt-out of collection from all browsers, devices, or apps.
Analytical and statistical information we collect through our Properties
De-identified information: We may conduct surveys and otherwise collect information that does not uniquely identify any individual. This might include demographic information like age and income range, gender, education, household size and marital status, as well as information from which identifying particulars have been removed. We also may aggregate personal information in a manner that no longer reveals your identity. We may collect, use and disclose such information for any purpose, such as research to improve our products or advertising.
Website analytics: We may work with third-party service providers who may use technologies described in this Privacy Statement above to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Properties. For example, we use the third party providers as described above.
If you use our Properties, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using the tracking tools described here to control those tools.
OUR TRACKING TECHNIQUES
Tracking Tools We Use
We may collect personal and other information about users over time and across different websites when you use our Properties. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way through the methods described above. We or our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect this information. These may include browser and flash cookies. We may also use web beacons and similar technologies. We use these tools:
- To track new visitors to our websites.
- To recognize returning customers.
- To provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on this website or on other websites. We may also get information about your browsing history from our trusted business partners and vendors.
- So we can better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors, and their respective interests.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools Via Your Browser
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies.
If you configure your computer to block cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Properties. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
WHEN INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we may collect information from you:
- When you visit/use/access the Properties
- During website or survey registration
- If you signed up for discounts and newsletters
- If you sign up to receive our occasional special offers, promotions, or other email marketing communications from us and our affiliated brands
- If you use an online forum, submit a question or answer to our Product Q & A or provide us with comments or reviews
- If you upload a photo or other digital content through one of our Properties or applications
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, clinic or workshop
- If you return a product
- If you request we send you an electronic copy of your receipt
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our websites
- When you make a purchase and inputting your name, address, and credit card information.
- When you voluntarily give us information
We collect information from other sources such as through third party providers’ services described previously.
We may get information about you from third party business partners, like an updated address from a shipping vendor. We may collect information about you from a friend. For example, if your friend purchases something for us to send to you.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes such as to:
- Provide you services;
- Fulfilling orders or providing services;
- Registering you for a particular website, or extended warranty service or providing you with information regarding such programs or services;
- Processing a return(s);
- Respond to your questions/comments and requests;
- Responding to a product or service review or questions;
- Deliver targeted advertising, communications, product solutions or content, as well as services you have requested;
- Conduct research and analysis related to our business, products or Properties;
- Improve our products, services or Properties and tailor them to your usage or preferences;
- Entering you into a sweepstakes or sending you prizes you might have won and communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, loyalty or rewards programs, coupons, rebates, promotions or other matters which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information;
- Implement social networking features you have activated;
- Publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features;
- Communicate with you about your account or your use of our Properties;
- Send you newsletters about our new collections, the latest lookbooks and exclusive offers.
- Send you important information regarding the Properties. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications;
- Look at website trends and customer interests, and we might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may also combine information we get from you with information about you we have received from third parties to assess trends and interests;
- If you have opted-in to receive news, special offers or other information from us or one of our brands by email or text message, send you promotional messages we think will be of interest to you. If you no longer want to receive these direct marketing communications, you may opt-out of such communications by the methods describe below;
- Use your information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites. For example, we may use your information help determine fraudulent transactions;
- To send you communications about special promotions or offers. For example, if you have registered on a website and indicated you want to receive this information. We may also notify you of new website features or product and service offerings, and also send information about offers from our Affiliates and other companies we think you might find interesting;
- To tell you about issues with your orders or if there is a product recall;
- For other uses we may disclose to you in the future;
- To provide you services or products as indicated in our Properties;
- To comply with the law. We may process your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. From time to time, we may share your personal information with our affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, service providers (including third party), sales, brokers, retail partners and other third party business partners (and their service providers) for the purposes of providing us with the services or described in this Privacy Statement, including but not limited to the following circumstances where we share your information:
- To our third-party service providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as those described previously, which may include but not limited to website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support service, call-center services, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us, fulfillment services, sweepstakes and contest administrators, texting providers, loyalty and rebate program operators, technical support providers, ad serving companies, product ratings and reviews, questions and answers, marketing services, website providers, data enhancement services, customer service providers, delivery services, e-commerce providers, and research and analytics providers.
- To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- We may disclose information about you (1) if we believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (2) as we deem appropriate or necessary in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities or tax authorities; (3) when we believe disclosure is appropriate or necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others, including to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss, or to collect debt you owe; or (4) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
- To subsidiaries, parent companies, or affiliates within our corporate family, to carry out regular business activities.
- To conduct research and/or analysis regarding products, consumers and other matters;
- To allow us to better understand your interests, activities, demographics and profile; or
- If you have opted-in to receive promotional or newsletter communications from us, send a tailored promotional communications to you jointly offering a product or service.
- Except for the third parties described above, to third parties only with your consent.
- We may share your product reviews, questions and answers and any files you uploaded to our website or Properties to third parties and third party websites.
- We may share aggregated, statistical or anonymous information that does not identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites, the number of people who have downloaded a particular coupon or the number of people from a certain state who purchased a product from one of our e-commerce websites.
- We share information with our service providers, such as our delivery service providers who ship and deliver your online orders. We might also authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf. Some service providers may be located outside of the United States. We might also share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services to respond to your reviews and questions.
- We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including, without limitation, in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation). By using our Properties you consent to us sharing your personal information or other information that you contributed to our Properties to our affiliated, parent companies, and subsidiaries.
- Our third party providers may use any data collected from you or submitted by you to provide, improve, monitor and develop the third party provider’s services.
- If you ask us to provide your information to a third-party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you could immediately notify us of the problem by emailing email@example.com in accordance with the section below.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our website will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
If applicable, online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not share your password.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Shine the Light Disclosure.
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California Consumer Protection Act.
The CCPA provides California residents with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising rights to access and delete your personal information. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you or we may need to retain it to comply with our own legal obligations.
Notice of Collection for California Residents.
To exercise your rights or you would like further information regarding your legal rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a California resident, you may designate an agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA. We will take steps to verify the identity of the agent, and that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf. Such steps may include requiring that the agent submit a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney. Please note your rights and choices vary depending upon your location. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect About You. Summarized in the table below are the categories of personal information we may collect about you, depending on how you interact with us. The following table also describes how we may collect and use such categories of information.
Categories of information collected
Purposes of use
Sources of personal information
Identifiers and Contact Information, e.g., name, email address, postal address, phone number, and/or password
Demographic information, e.g., age, employment, and lifestyle information
Physical Characteristics and Audio Data, e.g., audio recordings when you call customer support
Financial and Transactional Information, e.g., payment card information, delivery information, and information about your transactions and purchases with us
User-Generated Content, e.g., photos, videos, any information you submit in public forums or message boards, and feedback or testimonials you provide about our services
Customer Service Information, e.g., questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms, by email, over the phone, or by post; summaries or voice recordings of your interactions with customer care
Device Information and Device Identifiers, e.g., IP address; browser type and language; operating system; platform type; device type; software and hardware attributes; and unique device, advertising, and app identifiers
Usage Data, e.g., information about content viewed or download, domain names, landing pages, browsing activity, dates and times of access, pages viewed, forms you complete or partially complete, search terms, uploads or downloads, whether you open an email and your interaction with email content, access times, error logs, and other similar information
Geolocation, e.g., city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address
Other Information, e.g., any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
The following chart provides additional information about the business or commercial purposes for collecting and using your information to explain the above chart.
Purposes of Use
Communicate with you, for example, to:
Provide the Services or products, for example, to:
Personalize your experience, for example, to:
Secure our Services and Users, for example, to:
Defending our legal rights and compliance with the law, for example, to:
OUR SITES AND CHILDREN
Our websites and device applications are not created for children. To our knowledge we do not collect information online from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please email email@example.com. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC's www.OnGuardOnline.gov. You may also want to read the helpful information about children and privacy that the FTC provides by clicking here.
Data Subject Rights
We respect your rights and control over your personal information. You may exercise any of the following rights by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You do not have to pay a fee and we will aim to respond you within 30 days. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, for security purposes.
- You may:
- Request access to the personal information that we process about you;
- Request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you;
- Request deletion of personal information about you;
- Request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing of some or all personal information about you;
- Request transfer of personal information to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated;
- Opt-out or object to our use of personal information about you where our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
If you have additional questions you can email us email at email@example.com. You can write to us at:
Horizon Marketing Group, LLC
4198 Industry Way, Flowery Branch, GA 30542
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND SECURITY STATEMENT
Last Updated on July 14, 2020 Version 07142020